SR&ED (Scientific Research & Experimental Development) is the government program that rewards companies that perform R&D in Canada. The program makes Canada a more economically competitive and technologically advanced nation and it has been in existence since the 80’s. The Canadian incentive program is one of the most generous R&D programs in the world. This is not a grant – if you qualify, you are entitled to this money under the Income Tax Act.
Many start-ups in the technology and science sectors qualify for this program. We can set you up for success with the SR&ED Program.
- Are you incorporated in Canada with a Business Number (BN)?
- Do you operate in a sector of science, technology, or medicine?
- Have you or will you incur labour, subcontractor, material, or overhead expenditures?
- Have you developed any prototypes?
- Are you facing technological or scientific uncertainty with products, devices, or technologies?
- Are you attempting to achieve an advancement in knowledge in a field of technology, science, or medicine?